Solaris has openings for this season. Experienced singers are encouraged to contact Dawn Willis, Artistic Director by email at email@example.com. Auditions will be held by appointment. This chamber choir of 24-30 vocalists consists of singers with significant classical choral experience that have a strong desire for choral excellence and a passion for choral music! The audition will last approximately 15 minutes and will include the following:
- A solo of your choice which will be sung unaccompanied. Selections should demonstrate the expressive range and flexibility of the singer’s voice. Any genre of classical repertoire is acceptable: aria, art song, etc. Popular music and broadway selections are not acceptable. (Please bring an additional copy of the music with you to the audition.)
- The first verse of “America The Beautiful” in a key of your choice, unaccompanied
- A short sight singing exercise
- A few major scales that demonstrate vocal range, dynamic nuances, vibrato control, and pitch/intonation accuracy.
- A short tonal memory exercise
The Art Song Central website has 250 titles that are free and printable if you’d like to look for a piece for your audition solo. The Art Song Central website has 250 titles that are free and printable if you’d like to look for a piece for your audition solo. The Choral Public Domain Library website has a number of art songs and arias as well. Here is the link to Handel’s Ombra mai fu (see page 2) as an example.