Solaris Vocal Ensemble, bringing light to great choral works that span the ages,
through compelling performances imbued with passion and musical artistry,
announces its 2021-2022 season.
‘Tis the Season!
Featuring Taylor Scott Davis’ new setting of the timeless Magnificat with harp, organ and percussion, along with beloved carols for this glorious season. Guest Artist Rebecca Kauffman, harp
Saturday, December 18, 2021 7:30 pm | White Meeting House | Congregational Church, Waterbury
Sunday, December 19, 2021 3:00 pm | College Street Congregational Church, Burlington
Tickets: Adults $20; Seniors and Students $15
Tickets available through the Seven Days Ticket website and at the door.
Covid Protocols: We remain diligent about the safety and health of our singers and guests. Due to the ongoing high number of Covid cases:
- We will ask all audience members to show proof of vaccination before entering the concert hall, and all will be required to wear masks while indoors. Unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions, so please bring your proof of vaccination (card or photo) with you or you will not be able to attend the concert. If you forget your mask we will have a small number available, along with hand sanitizer.
- All Solaris singers are vaccinated, will be tested prior to performance, and may sing without masks.
- The front rows will be unoccupied to allow space between singers and audience. The Waterbury venue seats 200 and tickets are limited to 150. The Burlington venue seats 400, and tickets are limited to 250. We look forward to a safe and joyous concert! Frankly, we can’t wait to see you!
For an indepth overview of Covid-19 in Burlington and Chittenden county, we recommend Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger’s November 14, 2021 Covid-19 update.
Christmas with Solaris CD
We are delighted to announce that our new CD, Christmas with Solaris, will be released at our December concerts. You can preorder your copies for concert pick up when you purchase your concert tickets at the Seven Days Ticket website , or buy them at the concerts.
This Shining Night
This season’s annual benefit concert will support the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Vermont and will feature Solaris members in a variety of solos, duos, and small groups singing or playing selections ranging from folk songs and madrigals to jazz and Broadway tunes.
Saturday, February 12, 2022 7:30 pm | College Street Congregational Church, Burlington
Featuring classically based pieces creatively paired with spirituals and folk song arrangements from a variety of different countries and locations, including Laburda’s Vivat Musica (Let Music Live), Boulanger’s Hymne au Soleil and Barber’s The Coolin. Guest Artist Karen Kevra, flute
Friday, April 8, 2022 | A Collaboration Concert with Capital City Concerts | Montpelier – Waterbury Area
Saturday, April 9, 2022, 7:30 pm | St. Paul’s United Methodist Church | St. Albans
Sunday, April 10, 2022 3:00 pm | College Street Congregational Church, Burlington
What our Audience members are saying:
- Stunning, nuanced, and diverse program in a lovely quintessentially New England setting. Waterbury 12/13/19 Gail Schwarz
- The voices were lovely! So powerful, gently vulnerable, and enveloping. Stunning. Charlotte 12/14/19 Karen McKenny
- I am stunned, simply stunned by the superb musical quality of the Solaris chorus. Burlington 12/15/19 Kristin Johnson
- A warm conbination of talet and community. Thank you Solaris for this gift. This is my favorite concert on the year! This Shining Night Concert 2/08/2020 Ann Owen
Our Corporate Sponsors
Hickok & Boardman Capital Management
Burnett Design, LL
Sarah Harrington Real Estate
Stagecoach Inn, Waterbury, VT
©2019 Solaris Vocal Ensemble