Solaris Vocal Ensemble, brings to light great choral works that span the ages,
through compelling performances imbued with passion and musical artistry.
Solaris is a finalist in the 7 Daysies Best of Vermont contest
– as Best Choral Ensemble.
Do you feel like these patrons after a performance with Solaris?
- This has been an afternoon of smiles and goosebumps and tears and appreciation for choral music and your talents.
- This is beautiful uplifting music by people with amazing voices!
If a Solaris performance has moved you, let others know by voting,
1) Go to the 7 Daysies Voting Page,
2) Select the Arts and Entertainment section
3) Then choose Best Choral Ensemble, which is about half way down the category list.
Voting is open until July 3.
Welcome to our new Assistant Conductor
Cameron, a native Vermonter from Colchester, graduated summa cum laude from SUNY Potsdam’s Crane School of Music with degrees in Music Education and Voice Performance. He went on to earn a master’s degree in Sacred Music from the University of Notre Dame where he received the Sacred Music Program’s Academic Achievement Award.
After living in Utah for three years, where he worked as a chorus teacher and parish music director, and sang with the Utah Chamber Artists under the direction of Dr. Barlow Bradford, Cameron moved back to Vermont to accept the job as Chorus Teacher at Champlain Valley Union High School in Hinesburg in 2020. In February 2022, he took on the additional role of Music Director at Charlotte Congregational Church in Charlotte.
Robert De Cormier Centennial Concert
Rescheduled to September 18, 2022
Concert details will be updated as they are finalized
Grace Congregational (UCC) Church | 8 Court Street, Rutland
Solaris will be joining 7 other Vermont Choruses to celebrate the legacy of Robert De Cormier on the hundredth anniversary of his birth. The concert is free, but the audience will be limited to 250 people.
During Covid when we were unable to sing together, we continued singing virtually, producing many beautiful videos, which may also be found there.
What our Audience members are saying:
- Stunning, nuanced, and diverse program in a lovely quintessentially New England setting. Waterbury 12/13/19 Gail Schwarz
- The voices were lovely! So powerful, gently vulnerable, and enveloping. Stunning. Charlotte 12/14/19 Karen McKenny
- I am stunned, simply stunned by the superb musical quality of the Solaris chorus. Burlington 12/15/19 Kristin Johnson
- A warm conbination of talet and community. Thank you Solaris for this gift. This is my favorite concert on the year! This Shining Night Concert 2/08/2020 Ann Owen
Our Corporate Sponsors
Old Stagecoach Inn
Sarah Harrington Real Estate
Show your support for Solaris and share your business with our audience in our concert program! We have advertising options for each concert season in a variety of sizes and prices. Please refer to our form for options, instructions and deadlines. Thank you!
Advertising revenue supports our artistic programming, guest artists, special projects, and staff and operating expenses.
©2019 Solaris Vocal Ensemble