Solaris has openings for next season. Vocalists with significant classical choral experience who would like to audition should contact Solaris’ Artistic Director, Dr. Dawn Willis, at Director@SolarisEnsemble.org. Please include a description of your choral experience and any private vocal study.
Solaris is a chamber choir of 24-30 vocalists consisting of singers with significant classical choral experience that have a strong desire for choral excellence and a passion for choral music! The audition will last approximately 15 minutes and will include the following:
- A solo of your choice which will be sung unaccompanied. Selections should demonstrate the expressive range and flexibility of the singer’s voice. Any genre of classical repertoire is acceptable: aria, art song, etc. Popular music and broadway selections are not acceptable. (Please bring an additional copy of the music with you to the audition.)
- The first verse of “America The Beautiful” in a key of your choice, unaccompanied
- A short sight singing exercise
- A few major scales that demonstrate vocal range, dynamic nuances, vibrato control, and pitch/intonation accuracy.
- A short tonal memory exercise
The Art Song Central website has 250 titles that are free and printable if you’d like to look for a piece for your audition solo. The Choral Public Domain Library website has a number of art songs and arias as well.
To schedule an audition please read the Solaris Membership Information and Expectations and Covid-19 information and contact the Solaris Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.